Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, September 10, 2012

Back to School & Judy Blume's Forever

Hi everyone!

So, as I'm sure is the case with many of you, I'm back in university right now... which, unfortunately, means spending time that I'd rather be spending reading and blogging reading essays and doing homework. 


That said, I'm working (as always) on being more organized so I can still post at least a couple times a week. I plan on continuing my new feature, Reasons to Read, and reviewing at least one title a week. I'm trying not to set myself up for failure by aiming low, but, of course, I'd like to post more than that!


In addition, in an effort to not end up with the crazy amounts of books I usually have in my apartment, I'm going to be holding regular giveaways to spread the wealth on to YOU. 


Luckily, I have some great classes this semester, including Shakespeare, Literary Theory and Critique, and Adolescent Literature... so don't be surprised if some of the things I've been learning and discussing in class find their way onto the blog. In a fun, non-boring way of course. 



For example, I've just finished reading Judy Blume's Forever, which was, in a word, interesting. This iconic young adult text was considered quite risque when it was first released, but how does it compare to today's popular YA titles? Does it really promote sexuality and sexual liberation or is there another message hidden deeper within the dialogue and events of the novel? 

Maybe I'm just a nerd, but I think these questions are super interesting. And next we've been assigned to read Powell's Swallow Me Whole, which will be my first experience reading a graphic novel in full. Wish me luck.


I hope everyone you're all enjoying your classes or enjoying your kids being back in school or simply enjoying the beginnings of autumn! 


And I'd love to hear how the rest of you students are faring... How are your classes? Is there a class you're particularly excited about (or not so excited about)? Are you just as bad about making time to blog regularly as I am? I'd love to tips in becoming more organized in this aspect of my life! :)

1 comments:

  1. Good luck with school and your classes. I've never heard of that book but thanks for bringing it to my attention. I like "interesting" reads.

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!