Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, May 18, 2009

Review: Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty


Title: Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty
Author: Judy Gehrman
Publisher: Penguin
Date published: 2008
Type of book: Young Adult (Shakespeare, Virginity, First Love, Coffee Shops/Summer Jobs)
Pages: 255
I received this book from/at: local library
My interest in this book is: plot

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From book jacket: “WATCH OUT, WORLD. THE BETTYS HAVE ARRIVED. Geena wants to hang out with her best girl pals this summer, but when her cousin Hero and her best friend Amber meet, it’s hate at first sight. The worst part is that all three have to work together at the Triple Shot Betty coffee shack. Geena’s dreams of a girl-bonding summer are driven away completely when a few cute (okay, drop-dead gorgeous) guys come along o woo he Bettys. But all is not what it seems, and in a story of mistaken identities and romantic summer high jinks, Geena and her friends discover that when Bettys unite, they can take on the most powerful force in their world. A HOT GUY.”

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Geena: she was really funny – and I liked how she could be really laid-back and tomboyish, but at the same time really girly; Hero: she seemed a bit dense at first, but I liked her later on; Amber: I could definitely relate her to real life girls (not everyone is what they seem); Ben: the perfect Byronic hero! Very funny and cute.

When I finished this book I felt: This book was really cute, really funny, and sent a good message. I’m excited to read the next book: Bettys in Love.

Other books to read by this author: Bettys in Love

I would recommend this book to: Any girl – not really a guy book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!