Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, March 30, 2009

Review: To Wed a Scandalous Spy by Celeste Bradley


From back cover:
"Lovely, highborn Willa Trent was an orpahn, raised by a local, somewhat odd family in the country, who want nothing but the best for the girl. So when she drags home the unconscious man she accidentally hit with a slingshot, they arrange a hasty marriage and pack the couple off with best wishes. Armed with a groggy husband and a new future, Willa's pie-eyed optimism has no limits.. until she discovers the secret, dangerous world of Nathaniel Stonewell, Earl of Reardon, a.k.a "Lord Treason."
Though Nataniel is reviled by most England for his devious plot against the crown, he is, in reality, a member of an elite cadre of secret royal defenders on a daring undercover mission. He must keep his secrets at all cost, especially from Willa. And yet, he is enchanted... though he stubbornly refuses to surrender to his passion. Far better, he tells himself, to turn his back on love than risk anything for it. Luckily, his bride has other plans..."

I will admit, even though I am a bit embarassed, that I will occasionally read romance books. In the past I have mostly refrained from posting reviews for them, but I have now decided to post reviews for the good ones that actually have a plot. And are worth reading. Of course, I only read those ones! I ask you, what girl doesn't like a good romance once in awhile?!

Review:
This is Celeste Bradley first in her Royal Four quartet. The Royal Four is a group of secret spies that work for the King of England. To Wed a Scandalous Spy is about Nathaniel Stonewall, known as the Cobra to his three fellow spies. His romantic counterpart is Willa Trent. I liked this book because the sex bits weren't overwhelming, there was an interesting plotline, there were spies (which are cool :)), it was funny, and had other interesting characters. I like books that occasionally make me laugh out loud and Celeste Bradley's books are definitely funny. I also really like the fact that these characters will show up in Bradley's other books because I often become attached to characters and don't want to let them go!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!